Employment Type: Full Time; 40 hours + overtime when jobs require
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Must Possess Knowledge of:
· Basic electrical, mechanical, thermal, and hydraulic principles and practices.
· Engine Control systems and other program logic controls that are associated with IC power generation.
· Electrical and mechanical safety procedures.
· Applicable local, state and national regulations such SMAQMD, CARB and EPA. state and national regulations.
· Natural Fire Protections Codes.
· Lockout/tagout Procedures.
· Appropriate electrical and mechanical personal protective equipment (PPE).
· IC Diesel and other gaseous IC engines.
· Technique in tracking, transporting, and disposing hazardous materials.
· Rigging standards and principles of safe and efficient methods for handling heavy objects.
· Computer technology.
Must Possess Skill in:
· Interpreting electrical and mechanical drawings.
· Identifying and repairing problems with engine control systems.
· Interpreting schematic diagrams and wiring. “
· Correcting wet stacking conditions.
· Rigging for the handling of heavy objects.
· Troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical problems.
· Maintaining records manually and electronically.
Must Possess Ability to:
· Read electrical and mechanical drawings and prints.
· Use electrical testing and calibration equipment to include but not limited to: Digital-Volt-OHM-Meters (DVOM) and Mega-ohmmeters.
· Use calibrated mechanical tools to include but not limited to: torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, and vacuum and pressure manometers.
· Use stationary machine tooling to include but not limited to: drill presses, grinders, band saws, pipe threads/cutters, lathes, iron workers and hydraulic presses.
· Follow applicable state and national regulations; safety guidelines; and procedures.
· Record and track the transporting of materials.
· Rig and handle heavy objects.
· Operate cranes and forklifts.
· Climb into confined spaces that may contain hazardous gas.
Successful completion of a two-year technical electrical or mechanical trade school; or military training/apprenticeship.
Four years of proven experience in the general maintenance, servicing, and repair of diesel and gas engines and other electrical systems related to light and heavy duty machinery and mechanical equipment.
Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds; Position also requires climbing, stretching, kneeling, squatting, walking, sitting, bending, and standing for long periods of time.
Must work well with others
Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
Must pass in-house mechanical and electrical aptitude assessments
Must pass a background investigation
Must pass a drug screening
Must have a valid driver's license
Must have reliable transportation
Pay will be commensurate with experience
Health & Dental Insurance offered upon completion of probationary period